TX Jobs

Formally known as "Mercator Inside Integrator 6.7", DataStage TX enables high-volume, complex transactions without the need for additional coding.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

devsonali
Premium Member
Premium Member

TX Jobs

Post by devsonali »

Hi everybody

I am new to the Datastage and tried to get started with TX jobs but have no idea where to get the basic information about TX Jobs
Things like where do we use TX jobs , How different is it from Server jobs etc .
Also I tried to search in this forum but could not find basic information, although I found many related topics on TX .

Any pointers from your side will be great 1

Thanks in advance
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Wait for the TX folks to swing by with some pointers. In the mean time, I suggest going through the manuals that are shipped with the product.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Do you actually have DataStage TX licensed?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
jvmerc
Participant

Post by jvmerc »

Not sure if this will help you... To make your decision you'll really need to determine what you are trying to accomplish.

"How different is it from Server jobs etc" Can't really say. I used to go to some of the Ascential dev group meeting in the area. It seemed to me that they were very similar. The big diffs were DS is much better dealing with bulk loads to DBs, TX is better for event based transactions.

TX is designed as a data transformation tool. Changing non-proprietary data formats to proprietaty; X12 to flat file or DB; or vise versa. We use it to transform inbound data to standardized data formats so other non-TX code gets a consistant file to work with. We also load data to temp-tables so it can be processed into production tables by java code or SPs. Finally we use it to transform outbound data to trading partner friendly formats.

In our case we also use it to process real time queries relates to member benefits, claims etc. You type tree definitions inforce structural constraints and your map rules will inforce other data constriants.

Hope that helps...