Idoc to Flatfile

Formally known as "Mercator Inside Integrator 6.7", DataStage TX enables high-volume, complex transactions without the need for additional coding.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

jdds
Participant

Idoc to Flatfile

Post by jdds »

Hi Guys

Did any one Help me ,can we convert SAP Idoc file to a Flatfile with Datastage TX or any other tool from Ascential ..Both unix and windows

Thank u
Prasad
janhess
Participant

Post by janhess »

You should be able to. So long as you can describe the data in and out with a typetree you can do almost anything with DSTX.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome aboard. :D

You should also be able to do it in a DataStage server job with an XML Input stage, a Transformer stage (if needed) and a Sequential File stage.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
boblopez1
Participant

Post by boblopez1 »

You can also use the Type Designer to import the IDOC and it will convert it to a type tree automatically then run a validation map to ensure integrity. You then create the type tree for the flat file and map accordingly.

Bob
jdds
Participant

Post by jdds »

Hello Bob,
Can i Do this work with Datastage Server job. if we can means
Can u explain the Senario.
So really it will help me a lot....
boblopez1 wrote:You can also use the Type Designer to import the IDOC and it will convert it to a type tree automatically then run a validation map to ensure integrity. You then create the type tree for the flat file and map accordingly.

Bob