Looking for Ascential datastage Forum

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Izack
Participant

Looking for Ascential datastage Forum

Post by Izack »

Hi any body knows Ascential DataStage WebSits address to discuss the problems of server Jobs in Windows environment. Forum discuss from the ETL developer people. Thanks
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

If you are looking for the 'official' forums, the IBM developerWorks are here:

http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/f ... forums.jsp

Note that you'll need to sign up and that they are still primarily 'peer' or 'user to user' forums. Sometimes 'Ascential' folks will respond there (it happens here as well) but they are not a replacement for Support.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There is, of course, the server forum here

Someone started a "competitive forum" in Yahoo groups but I don't know what became of it.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Ther is one in Orkut too.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Never heard of Orkut and got a 'bad server, no doughnut' error when trying to log in with my Google id. The one Ray linked to seems to be different than the one I remember that I think he is referring to, hard to say as it only has 37 posts in it.

I was a little appalled to note that one single post had 24 questions in it, and begged for someone to PLZ help answer them. While obvious what it was, the moderator thought it was 'the oddest post he'd ever seen' and actually thanked someone for taking the time to answer them all. :roll:

Ah well. I'll have to take a peek at Orkut once its server starts behaving again.
-craig

kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Craig, you must be kidding if you say you have never heard about Orkut :shock:
42,085,620 have account as of now!!
Yeah, yesterday it was a bad server.
Its just a forum where mostly teens login for chatting. There are millions of ridiculous community and few really worth full community.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

vmcburney wrote:...never caught on in the US.
No wonder Criag said that.
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

I didnt know datastage groups existed in Orkut and even yahoo. Nothing can beat this website, especially because of the supervision we get from our mentors :wink:
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

True. This site runs in more controlled fashion when compared to other other forums which are popular for a different tools or purpose. Its all because of the influence of few key people.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

kumar_s wrote:
vmcburney wrote:...never caught on in the US.
No wonder Criag said that.
Well past my teen years as well. And this is one of my social networking sites. :wink:
-craig