DataStage vs Essbase

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

py19
Participant

DataStage vs Essbase

Post by py19 »

Hi All,

I would like to know is Essbase OLAP supported as target stage in DataStage? Is there any specify plugin for that?

Thanksss,
yeAn
I_Server_Whale
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by I_Server_Whale »

Welcome Aboard! :)

May be in version 8.0 or 8.2. :wink:
Last edited by I_Server_Whale on Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anything that won't sell, I don't want to invent. Its sale is proof of utility, and utility is success.
Author: Thomas A. Edison 1847-1931, American Inventor, Entrepreneur, Founder of GE
narasimha
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by narasimha »

I was checking the IBM site they have it in their Connectivity List. Check with them.
Narasimha Kade

Finding answers is simple, all you need to do is come up with the correct questions.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You can also leverage the 'more than 300' iWay adapters from Information Builders, including one for Essbase.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
xinhuang66
Participant

Re: DataStage vs Essbase

Post by xinhuang66 »

py19 wrote:Hi All,

I would like to know is Essbase OLAP supported as target stage in DataStage? Is there any specify plugin for that?

Thanksss,
yeAn
Sounds incredible...if datastage write data directly into essbase cube DB..
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Why incredible? If the syntax exists (much like inserting rows into a SQL Server (Plato edition) cube), why shouldn't an ETL tool be able to take advantage of that?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.