Installing Oracle OCI 8i Plugin

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

fk4u
Participant

Installing Oracle OCI 8i Plugin

Post by fk4u »

Hello All.
We have Datastage Server Version 7.2 and we want to import our project from datstage server version 7.1
Problem is that we have used Oracle OCI 8i plugin in 7.1 and while importing project it prompted us error that " Record ORAOCI8 in file DS_STAGETYPES does not exist.
I have checked the package dir and all oracle related plugins are installed but i could't find Oracle OCI 8i plugin in version 7.2.
Can any one help us in this regard.
How to import this project or how to install this plugin in version 7.2
Thanks
sud
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Installing Oracle OCI 8i Plugin

Post by sud »

Run the server installation again and you will find a plugins page in the installation wizard. Choose all plugins you need there. :)
It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for ETL, but I couldn't give it up because by that time I was too famous.
fk4u
Participant

Post by fk4u »

While checking Plugins Installation guide i come to know that oracle oci 8i plugin is not supported with linux.
So any idea how to import AIX based project of ver 7.1 to Linux based system datastage ver 7.2.
sud
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sud »

Oops mmm no idea about linux install. If the installation specs say not supported then its not supported. My guess is you won't have any auto upgrade facilities. You have to run script and modify the dsx by replacing the DB2 OCI 8 stages with some other DB2 plugin stage that's supported(dont get bogged down by the complexity, this is a very doable step). Or manually change the jobs.

The best people to ask are support.

wait for the gurus to reply ... :roll:
It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for ETL, but I couldn't give it up because by that time I was too famous.
fk4u
Participant

Post by fk4u »

Thanks Sud.
We have whole project to import so it seems not possible to manually change all the jobs.
Hi All DS Experts any idea??????????????????
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

fk4u wrote:While checking Plugins Installation guide i come to know that oracle oci 8i plugin is not supported with linux.
I find that hard to believe. Please cite the text where it states that.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
fk4u
Participant

Post by fk4u »

hi chulett
I have Datastage Plug-In Installation and Configuration Guide and on page 07 it stats that Oracle OCI 8i is not supported for Red Hat Linux.

So any way to change my project to use oci 9i plugin.
Any script available to change the project.
I have tested that if i change the plugin only and redirect the link from transformer stage, my all metadata is automatically appearing in new plugin. Just connetion parameters and tablename is missing.
But after all this is manual process and it will take huge time to change whole project.
Any alternative to change my whole project from oracle oci 8i to other oracle oci plugins.
Thanks
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I vaguely recall someone mentioinng at last year's conference (or maybe the previous year) that they (IBM) were working on a utility for this. Get your vendor to chase it up - maybe your vendor can even get on to the product manager (Keith Kohl).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.