Meta Data Import in XML

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

seethamsetty
Participant

Meta Data Import in XML

Post by seethamsetty »

Hello!.

Can any one throw some light on

1. Are table definitions imported from XML or XSD File ?
2. When i import metadata for output column definitions i am getting prefix of ns1 or defns, is it the correct way of importing.

3. Data is not moved from xml input stage to sequential stage
in job

Folder - XML Input Stager - Sequential Stage.

No error displayed, job run successful without errors.
seethamsetty
I_Server_Whale
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Meta Data Import in XML

Post by I_Server_Whale »

seethamsetty wrote:Can any one throw some light on

1. Are table definitions imported from XML or XSD File ?
XML file.
2. When i import metadata for output column definitions i am getting prefix of ns1 or defns, is it the correct way of importing.
Importing metadata from where?
Anything that won't sell, I don't want to invent. Its sale is proof of utility, and utility is success.
Author: Thomas A. Edison 1847-1931, American Inventor, Entrepreneur, Founder of GE
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

Table definitions can be imported from either, although there are a small number of xsd design styles that the meta data importer does not support.

You can import meta data from an xml document, but you won't get datatypes, and you risk not defining optional columns [elements and attributes] that may not exist in the document itself.

Namespaces are simply unique identifiers and come from the xml or xsd and should be obvious if you open the document and read it directly.

Ernie