PX transformer in XP enviornment

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

satadru.kar
Participant

PX transformer in XP enviornment

Post by satadru.kar »

Hi,
I am trying to run the px transformer in xp enviornment. I have already installed Microsoft .net framework. I am getting an error when I am trying to compile the job. The error follows.....

##I TOSH 000002 12:19:03(001) <main_program> orchgeneral: loaded
##I TOSH 000002 12:19:03(002) <main_program> orchsort: loaded
##I TOSH 000002 12:19:03(003) <main_program> orchstats: loaded
##E TBLD 000000 12:19:04(000) <main_program> Error when checking composite operator: Subprocess command failed with exit status 32512
##E TFSR 000019 12:19:04(001) <main_program> Could not check all operators because of previous error(s)
##W TFCP 000000 12:19:04(002) <transform> Error when checking composite operator: The number of reject datasets "0"is less than the number of input datasets "1".
##W TBLD 000000 12:19:04(003) <main_program> Error when checking composite operator: Output from subprocess: /C=/Program: not found

##I TFCP 000008 12:19:04(004) <transform> Error when checking composite operator: /C=/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio .NET/Vc7/bin/cl.exe -O -IC:/Ascential/DataStage/PXEngine/include -W/TP -W/EHa -DAPT_USE_ANSI_IOSTREAMS -c C:/Ascential/DataStage/Projects/My_Project/RT_BP1.O/V0S1_dpxjob1_Transformer_1.C -o C:/Ascential/DataStage/Projects/My_Project/RT_BP1.O/V0S1_dpxjob1_Transformer_1.tmp.o
##E TCOS 000029 12:19:04(005) <main_program> Creation of step finished with status = FAILED (dpxjob1.Transformer_1)

I think the problem is due to the environment variables like APT_COMPLIER,APT_COMPILEOPT,APT_LINKER and APT_LINKEROPT. But I am not getting what should be proper values for these variables.

Please help me on this matter. It's really urgent.
Thanks,
Satadru Kar
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Try fixing them then and see if it resolves the problem. Give the correct path for APT_COMPILER and APT_LINKER and correct options for APT_COMPILEOPT and APT_LINKOPT.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
satadru.kar
Participant

Post by satadru.kar »

I am not getting what should be the correct options for linker and compiler. By default it is taking as...

APT_COMPILEOPT = -W/TP -W/EHa -DAPT_USE_ANSI_IOSTREAMS -c
APT_LINKOPT = -W/TP -W/dll -W/base:0x50000000

Can anybody tell me from where I can get the correct options?

2nd problem is...

When I am giving the paths for Linker and compiler like C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET\Vc7\bin\link.exe , in case of "C:\Progaram Files" it is taking "/C=/Program Files"
Thanks,
Satadru Kar
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

Are you sure this is Visual Studio .Net 2003?
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Don't worry too much about the UNIX-like pathnames; DataStage EE on Windows uses MKS Toolkit for most of its execution. MKS Toolkit, as you may be aware, is a UNIX emulation.

But it is still essential that you specify correct names and locations for the compiler and linker. The correct values depend upon where you installed Visual Studio 2003.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
satadru.kar
Participant

Post by satadru.kar »

Shall I first install .net 2003 and then datastage? Actually I have installed datastage first then I have installed .net 2003.
Thanks,
Satadru Kar
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

Install notes says to install VS.NET 2003 first then DataStage, but it can work the other way. Give it a try.
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Note that it's not just the .NET Framework; you must install Visual Studio .NET 2003 (at least the C++ compiler portion).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.