px version of Ereplace()

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

The Ereplace parallel function is built into version 11.x.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

True but in going back through their posting history, I believe they are on 8 something. :(
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
RiyaNY
Participant

Thank you

Post by RiyaNY »

I googled and could finally compile, create library and object file for the code. And it works, We are using the pxEreplace function now :D
We are using DS 8.5 and migrating to 9.1 now.

You are right, I have no knowledge of C/C++, but thanks to all you experts we got the replace function YEAHHH :)
chulett wrote:Don't take this the wrong way but if you're not skilled in all of the ways of C++ then this isn't a path for you. IMHO, you'd be better served by starting a new post and letting us know what kind of a 'string problem' you are having. Then we can suggest alternatives.
Warm Regards,
Riya Yawalkar
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: Thank you

Post by chulett »

8)
RiyaNY wrote:We are using DS 8.5 and migrating to 9.1 now.

Why stop there? Not really the right thread for this discussion but why upgrade from a really old version to one that's almost just as old? :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
UCDI
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by UCDI »

if you want to do large numbers of large strings, you might want to try something like

bigstr .. allocate {big} where big is ( original string length * substutite length) which is the max possible (if you swapped every char in the original with a long replacement string).

copy orig to bigstr
use memmove to shift the length of the replacement string
insert into the gap with memcpy

I can help if someone thinks this sort of tweak is necessary.

You can probably get a *significant* performance boost with that. Ive used this to do high speed 2d graphics, for example.
RiyaNY
Participant

Post by RiyaNY »

Craig,
Price of IBM support keeps on increasing every year by around 10-15 %, our management is not happy with this. We bought DS 9.1 a few years back, we don't want to invest in datastage anymore. :?
Warm Regards,
Riya Yawalkar
UCDI
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by UCDI »

Its tough for sure. One of my jobs we lived of the same version of visual studio for 6 or 7 years just because we didnt need all the new features and expense. It worked fine. The amount of $$ wasted on getting the latest and greatest at some places is astonishing, esp when they don't actually NEED or USE the new features.