How to rollback all jobs ?

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

xinhuang66
Participant

How to rollback all jobs ?

Post by xinhuang66 »

Hi All,

I have problems to meet such a requirement ?

Extract all rows from table a to table b. (with a lot of constraints)
1) If one row was rejected during the ETL process, the whole job abort, and need to rollback to the starting point.
2) If job succeed, truncate table a, (a, b are in different Servers)

By the way, If I have 3 jobs organised by Job Sequencer,
Job1 success will kick off job2, job2 kick off job3. Can I make all jobs rollback when any one of them abort or failed.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome aboard. :D
There is nothing automatic except within one job. There you could make all rows a single transaction. But multiple jobs you will need to design a strategy for "reversing". You could commit to temporary tables until all jobs were completed, then transfer the rows to the real tables. You could have a column identifying the job and date that inserted/updated the row and reverse those via DELETE statements. If you had deleted/replaced any rows (or truncated tables) as part of your job design, then you will need to use Oracle utilities to recover.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.