Bob Zurek's Blog (Infomatica Advertisements)

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

shawn_ramsey
Participant

Bob Zurek's Blog (Infomatica Advertisements)

Post by shawn_ramsey »

Has anyone read Bob's latest blog about the Gartner ranking of Datastage? If you look in the comments you can see that Chas Kielt (Director, Analyst Relations at Informatica) has turned it into an advertisement for Informatica. You have to love the Internet. :D

Shortcut: http://www-03.ibm.com/developerworks/bl ... ary_leader
Shawn Ramsey

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes."
-- Douglas Adams
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

I am blogging on this report later in the week. I call it a draw, Informatica ahead on Ability to Execute, IBM ahead on Visionary, both the only vendors in the leader quadrant, daylight to third. Great to see Informatica sparring with Bob on his blog. Hopefully vendors are becoming more aware of the persuasiveness of blog.

Also good to see Informatica paying to broadcast the report for free (although they will probably trawl for contact details), probably will cost them a penny or two.
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

You can now read the entry Oracle Plunges and no one soars in the 2006 Gartner Data Integration Tools Magic Quadrant. I compared the 2005 ETL tool results to the 2006 data integration tool results. Interesting to see Oracle, Ab Initio and Embarcadero having big plunges.