custom in job activity (sequence)

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You don't know how happy I am, too. :wink:

One way would be to add a call to DSLogInfo in your User Status routine, then the value will be in the Sequence job's log after it finishes.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
rajan.n
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by rajan.n »

Hi ....
:-(

i dint get any notification mail..then i checked the job log details..has some warnings ..one onf them reads....
"CopyOfcontrol_report(BASIC_Transformer_169).#0.BASIC_Transformer_169 (DSSetUserStatus): Error reading Job Status record. JobNo = 511 JobName = CopyOfcontrol_report.#0 WaveNo = 1 "

can u pls tell me abt this warning.. i guess the value didnt get assigned.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Based on the names we've been seeing, I'm going to hazard a guess that your job is a Parallel job... and the consensus seems to be that PX jobs can't make use of the User Status area. So, as previously mentioned - can you make it a Server job?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
rajan.n
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by rajan.n »

ooh again came back to same stuff..... :-(
so in server jobs .. we can use the same method..? like caling the routine inthe transformer ?

i dont know wether i can use a server job , but i wil try this for a backup .

is there any other soution for me..?? where i can use in my paralel , so that i want to know the value of that rowcount and call send the mail.( with out creating another job for this situation)

{can u pls tel me this
"You can only use BASIC transformers on SMP systems (not on MPP or cluster systems)."
how can i know what kind of system am using..either smp or mpp.}