How to export the job log of a particular job?

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

skumar
Participant

How to export the job log of a particular job?

Post by skumar »

Hi all,

I want to know how to export the information in the log to a file.can anybody help me out in ths..........
Thanks in Advance........

Regards,
skumar.
kalimuddin
Participant

Re: How to export the job log of a particular job?

Post by kalimuddin »

skumar wrote:Hi all,

I want to know how to export the information in the log to a file.can anybody help me out in ths..........
Thanks in Advance........

Regards,
skumar.

try this
dsjob -logdetail ProjectName JobName 'dsjob -logsum ProjectName JobName|head -1|awk '{print $1}'` `dsjob -logsum ProjectName JobName|grep '^[0-9]'|tail -1|awk '{print $1}'` >> FileName.log
skumar
Participant

Post by skumar »

Hi Kalimuddin,

Thanks for ur reply.can u please tell me where i have to type that commamnd.....

Thanks,
kumar.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

the dsjob program is called from your UNIX shell. You will need to have your environment set up correctly in order to do this; i.e. issuing the ". ./dsenv " command in your DataStage home directory and either ensuring that $DSHOME/bin is in your path or calling dsjob with an absolute path.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Within Director, choose Print from the Project menu, then check the Print to File check box in the common print dialog and choose whatever options you desire to govern what is exported.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: How to export the job log of a particular job?

Post by chulett »

kalimuddin wrote:try this
dsjob -logdetail ProjectName JobName 'dsjob -logsum ProjectName JobName|head -1|awk '{print $1}'` `dsjob -logsum ProjectName JobName|grep '^[0-9]'|tail -1|awk '{print $1}'` >> FileName.log
You missed a back tick. Sorta. :wink:

Kumar - also search for the equivalent commands in the DataStage online help, they all start with "DSGet" and have "Log" in them. They are the same as those available from 'dsjob' but can be used in a routine or control job.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers