convert the string to date type in parallele jobs

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kira bob
Participant

convert the string to date type in parallele jobs

Post by kira bob »

how to convert the string to date type in parallele jobs for example i need to convert to:

20061107 to 11/07/2006 similarly string to time example: 113544 to 11:35:44 (hh:mm:ss).
let me know the complete logical expression how we will apply the transformer rule in the "TRANSFORMER STAGE"

thx,kiran
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Please look at the Parallel Job Developer's Guide page 1101, in the chapter "Type Conversion Functions" or use the search facility in the bar above the response and search for this type of function. The question has been asked and answered many, many times before.

This question does not belong in the FAQ section, but in the Parallel Job section.
chandra
Participant

Post by chandra »

writein subroutine the same logic what ever you are using in transformer . It will improve the perfromance.
chandra ,
Hyd
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Chandra, do you have any measurements to prove this assertion? IBM claims to have made substantial performance improvements to the Transformer stage in version 7.5.1.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Krazykoolrohit
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Krazykoolrohit »

chandra wrote:writein subroutine the same logic what ever you are using in transformer . It will improve the perfromance.
I thought routines degraded the performance. :oops:
sandeepgs
Participant

Post by sandeepgs »

Hi

When your target is a sequential file then this is the solution...

Date conversion:

I/P: Ex:20061107
TransRule: StringToDate(<Input Col>,"%yyyy%mm%dd")
Change the properties of the sequential file.Set Date formatt string to your require formatt Ex:%mm/%dd/%yyyy
O/P:11/07/2006

Note: when converting string to date the input formatt and the formatt string you r providing should be same.
ex: I/P:20061107 Formatt String:%yyyy%mm%dd

Time conversion:

I/P: Ex:112244
Transformation Rule: StringToTime(<Input Col>,"%hh%nn%ss")
If you want to change the output formatt Change the properties of the sequential file.Set output time formatt string to your required formatt
Ex:%hh:%nn:%ss
O/P: 11:22:44

Note: when converting string to time the input formatt and the formatt string you r providing should be same.
ex: I/P:112244 Formatt String:%hh%nn%ss