Job Sequencing

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

jayantthakore
Participant

Job Sequencing

Post by jayantthakore »

Hi,

I have to design 2 jobs in such a way that on the 45th successful completion on first job I have to kick start the second job. This job will run one time and will again wait for 45 completions of Job one.

How can I implement this.

Thanks
regards,
Jayant S Thakore
bchau
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by bchau »

How are you going to keep track of the number of times the job has run?

Are you using command line to kick start the job? If you can pass the number of iterations as a parameter, then it would be easy to implement using job sequence triggers.

I need a little more information about what you want to do. Are you running the job 45 times in the same day, or can it be any length of time say weeks, months, years.
tagnihotri
Participant

Re: Job Sequencing

Post by tagnihotri »

Also let us know the functional requirement!
Cheers,
BA
jayantthakore
Participant

Post by jayantthakore »

The JOb should initiate every 45th Day.
There is a date parameter which can be used to keep a track of the count.

Please let me know if you want more info.
regards,
Jayant S Thakore
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

So its like, one job will run every day and other job once in 45days.
If so, schedule one job daily, and convert the data into integer either julian or days since option. And find MOD of 45 (Mod(date,45)+xdays for correction). Check for 0 and trigger the other job job.
Or maintain an external file or table, which will be updated everyday with the number of execution of the first job. Based on the number the second job can be triggered.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'