Capturing comments added in Version Control.

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Raghavendra
Participant

Capturing comments added in Version Control.

Post by Raghavendra »

Hi,

While releasing the jobs to production we are releasing them through version control.
Now we wanted to administer all the changes happing in production projects. To achieve this we are using one script which will access DS_AUDIT table to get the Jobname, User modified, Modified time on a particular date. Apart from these we wanted to capture version comments in the report.
(Version comments - Comment added while releasing a job to production through Version control. These comments can be viewed in Job Properties -> General Tab -> Full Description heading.)
Can anybody tell me where these comments are stored and how can I capture them in UNIX script.

Many Thanks

Raghu
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You can also find that information in the hashed files that make a project a Version Control project. Check out:

APM.BATCH
APM.BATCH.MEMBERS
APM.VERSION
APM.VERSION.XREF
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
Raghavendra
Participant

Post by Raghavendra »

Craig,

I am able to find these files in my Version Control Project directory.
I'm able to list these file through Administrator command prompt.
I am also able to get some information if I run the command SELECT * FROM APM.BATCH. When I tried to select only DESC Column (SELECT DESC FROM APM.BATCH) I am getting syntax error.

Can I read these files in UNIX script and in a DataStage job (Universe stage) so that I can take only versioning comments.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Try LIST.DICT APM.BATCH to get the publicly-accessible column names to use in a query.

Beware that DESC is a reserved word in SQL, so would need to be encased in double-quotes if explicitly mentioned in a query.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

I thought the tables were:

APM_BATCH
APM_BATCH_MEMBERS
APM_VERSION
APM_VERSION_XREF
Mamu Kim
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I thought so too, and would have posted that until I double-checked to be sure. That's when I saw the dots instead of the underscores. :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers