Job sequence compilation problems

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

paweljanowski
Participant

Job sequence compilation problems

Post by paweljanowski »

Hello!
I'm newbe in DS and that's why my problem arised, I suppose.
The problem is general - when I try to compile any sequence I obtain the same message (I'll have to make the translation of the polish message):
<JobSeqGenError>
<Code>2017</Code>
<Desc>XML parser error on input line 0: source='',reason='System cannot
find supplied/stated(?) resources'</Desc>
<LineNum>0</LineNum>

When I try to compile jobs of those sequences there is no problem.

I suppose it's a problem of incorrect environment settings, but I've no idea how to fix it.

Hoping for help.

Pawel
Pawel Janowski
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome aboard. :D

This problem usually arises from not having write permission to a folder on the client machine, which is where the XML portion is managed. Check that you can write in the DataStage folder and its subfolders on the client machine.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
tagnihotri
Participant

Re: Job sequence compilation problems

Post by tagnihotri »

I am not sure what details Ray already have attached (as I am not a charter member here :cry: ) but let me have the pleasure to detail it again for guys like me!

The issue is seen when you don't have enough rights on the XML package directory i.e. you should have admin rights on the directory. So go to the directory where you have installed your client and check for proper rights!

paweljanowski wrote:Hello!
I'm newbe in DS and that's why my problem arised, I suppose.
The problem is general - when I try to compile any sequence I obtain the same message (I'll have to make the translation of the polish message):
<JobSeqGenError>
<Code>2017</Code>
<Desc>XML parser error on input line 0: source='',reason='System cannot
find supplied/stated(?) resources'</Desc>
<LineNum>0</LineNum>

When I try to compile jobs of those sequences there is no problem.

I suppose it's a problem of incorrect environment settings, but I've no idea how to fix it.

Hoping for help.

Pawel
meena
Participant

Post by meena »

Hi,
Please do a search in the forum on the error you are getting. This is discussed here many times.For quick view
viewtopic.php?t=87807
meena
Participant

Post by meena »

And if this is a server job move this post to server forum.
Hi,
Please do a search in the forum on the error you are getting. This is discussed here many times.For quick view
viewtopic.php?t=87807
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Sequence jobs are agnostic and apply to both products, so are perfectly fine being posted about here.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
meena
Participant

Post by meena »

Hi Craig,
Got it. I saw it has server job and asked him/her to move the post to server forum.
chulett wrote:Sequence jobs are agnostic and apply to both products, so are perfectly fine being posted about here.
paweljanowski
Participant

Post by paweljanowski »

Thanks a lot for help. I tried to search the forum before posting the problem, but I couldn't find the topic - my fault. Next time I'll be more careful.

Since in Poland it's almost 11 pm and I'm after work :lol: I'll check if I've got appropriate rights in the morning.
Pawel Janowski
tagnihotri
Participant

Post by tagnihotri »

Please mark the post as resolved, if the suggestion helps!

paweljanowski wrote:Thanks a lot for help. I tried to search the forum before posting the problem, but I couldn't find the topic - my fault. Next time I'll be more careful.

Since in Poland it's almost 11 pm and I'm after work :lol: I'll check if I've got appropriate rights in the morning.