Very Very-urgent(Mload Error)

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

chrisjones
Participant

Very Very-urgent(Mload Error)

Post by chrisjones »

Hi Friends,
1.We are getting error "Failure during execution of operator logic" .

2.Teradata_Enterprise_15,0: TeraUtils:DB Call Error(success check) Info = 0, Code = 2633,
Message = Too many load/unload tasks running: try again later

while trying to load data concurrently(10 or 15 users) into Teradata table using Mload or Enterrpise.

please let me know the solution for the above 2 error if you already faced this Issue bcz if this problem is not solved means the client is looking for another alternative option to reach deadlines

Note:The above error we are not getting when DBA increases the utility limit to 15 but this is not woking for 5 utility imit bcz in production they will have utility limit to 5 only but jobs are getting aborted when we run concurrently.
Please let us know what to do and whom to contact immidately to solve the problem and make ETL as effectiect tool.
Thanks,
Chris Jones
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Go to your support provider and buy premium level support. We do not (can not) do "urgent" here, since we're an all-volunteer site and can not be sure when we'll be logged on, and we do not guarantee correct answers (though we try our best to provide same).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: Very Very-urgent(Mload Error)

Post by chulett »

chrisjones wrote:Please let us know what to do and whom to contact immidately to solve the problem and make ETL as effectiect tool.
As noted, contact your support provider - either IBM/Ascential Support directly or whomever performs that for you. Make them aware it is "very very urgent".
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
chrisjones
Participant

Post by chrisjones »

Yes we contacted IBM but we are not getting the problem solved bcz
they are also asking us to do some R&D work .IBM is not giving the correct solution to the below errors.

So please let your ideas on this ...
chulett wrote:
chrisjones wrote:Please let us know what to do and whom to contact immidately to solve the problem and make ETL as effectiect tool.
As noted, contact your support provider - either IBM/Ascential Support directly or whomever performs that for you. Make them aware it is "very very urgent".
Thanks,
Chris Jones
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It seems to be the usual economic supply vs demand problem. If they won't increase the supply (utility limit, whatever that is), then you need to reduce your demand (fewer concurrent tasks) or justify an increase to the supply. Probably you need to find a more intelligent strategy for scheduling your jobs, or use a lower degree of parallelism within them.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Krazykoolrohit
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Krazykoolrohit »

chrisjones wrote:Hi Friends,

2.Teradata_Enterprise_15,0: TeraUtils:DB Call Error(success check) Info = 0, Code = 2633,

while trying to load data concurrently(10 or 15 users) into Teradata table using Mload or Enterrpise.

please let me know the solution for the above 2 error if you already faced this Issue bcz if this problem is not solved means the client is looking for another alternative option to reach deadlines

Note:The above error we are not getting when DBA increases the utility limit to 15 but this is not woking for 5 utility imit bcz in production they will have utility limit to 5 only but jobs are getting aborted when we run concurrently.
Please let us know what to do and whom to contact immidately to solve the problem and make ETL as effectiect tool.
If you are using Mload, I dont think you can load data consequently with 15 queries. You need to do them sequentially.

also, This is a Teradata issue. Nothing to do with Datastage. Please contact Teradata support and not IBM. They will be able to help you out and suggest better ways to do your job.
chrisjones
Participant

Post by chrisjones »

Yes we are in contact with DBA but we are not getting the solution, if DBA decreases the utility limit to 5.since he wants to give utility limit to 5 in production.

Please let me know any other alternatives.

Krazykoolrohit wrote:
chrisjones wrote:Hi Friends,

If you are using Mload, I dont think you can load data consequently with 15 queries. You need to do them sequentially.

also, This is a Teradata issue. Nothing to do with Datastage. Please contact Teradata support and not IBM. They will be able to help you out and suggest better ways to do your job.
Thanks,
Chris Jones
Krazykoolrohit
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Krazykoolrohit »

As i told you, you cannot run two mloads on the same table simultaneously.