How to use Tab Delimiter in New Job

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rahulunlimited
Participant

How to use Tab Delimiter in New Job

Post by rahulunlimited »

I have a tab delimited sequential File. I would like to use this file in Transformation.

And I dont know how to enter the delimiter char (tab) in the delimiter box. Please help.
srividya
Participant

Post by srividya »

Can you eloborate your question......its not clear on what you want to do .......
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

In some places where you cannot click on a "tab" selector you can use the 3 digit numeric representation of 009.

What type of job and what stage and place within that stage are you referring to?
rahulunlimited
Participant

Post by rahulunlimited »

I am doing a simple transformation of file from one location to another and in the target file, I do not want tab delimiter, instead I would prefer a comma delimiter.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

then change the delimiter in the designer Sequential stage tab for "format" to use comma and you will be all set.
srividya
Participant

Post by srividya »

yep.....its a straight forward mapping. In the source file in delimeter select 'tab'........map it to a sequential file with the delimeter set to comma......
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

If you had specified tab when importing the table definition for the text file, all you need to do is click Load... on the Format tab in your Sequential File stage. The metadata are then loaded from the Repository. Tab will appear as a little black rectangle, but will work.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
samsuf2002
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by samsuf2002 »

its better to format the file while loading hte meta data delimiter can be selected from drop down , check box or manually
hi sam here