Accessing Universe from Unix

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

CharlesNagy
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by CharlesNagy »

Sorry guys, being a Unix moron, I failed to appreciate the significance of Ken's code initially, ie that I should issue the the bin/dssh command from the DSEngine directory. (Yes I know he explained it further later, but I still missed the crucial bit). So hence I issued the dssh command from the bin directory which of course didn't work. (however, the dssh command from the DSEngine directory works without the requirement to put bin in front of it). My apologies and thanks to Ken...
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

No problem on my part. FYI, invoking the command line requires you to be inside a "project" directory. You can do the same command from your project's directory and you'll be connected to that project. All your logs and local hashed files will be readily accessible. To connect to another project, just use "LOGTO yourproject". The DS Engine directory is the administrator project (the infamous "UV" project). Anywhere else causes issues.
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle