Slow Refresh

Make suggestions regarding the DSX site or the Forum

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ray.wurlod
Participant

Slow Refresh

Post by ray.wurlod »

Is is just me/my network connection, or is DSXchange becoming slow to refresh, particularly on the two large forums?

Other web sites fly along, but DSXchange can take whole seconds (sometimes even tens of seconds) to get to the next screen, particularly on functions such as Reply.

This behaviour is seen on different computers at different sites in Dubai, so I don't think it's the network. The only thing these computers have in common is the Windows XP operating system.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Krazykoolrohit
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Krazykoolrohit »

I have a windows XP SP2, but i am not experiencing any of the problems mentioned here.

sometimes the search is slow, but then it depends on number of words i type to be searched.
kris007
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kris007 »

It's lightning fast for me here. I guess nothing's wrong with the site and hope so.
Kris

Where's the "Any" key?-Homer Simpson
narasimha
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by narasimha »

I noticed an alike though not identical situation.

The home page does not show/refresh the latest posts if you have not logged in,
You have to log in to see the most curreent posts.

I don't remember exactly when, may be a year ago, the "Recent topics" never refreshed to show the current posts,
but displayed only a selected list, which I guess the webmaster updated regularly.

Now it has been been improved to show the current posts. But it does not refresh to show the latest posts.
Do everybody notice the same thing or is it just me?

Is that how it is intended to be? Or is there a change for improvement?

Sharing my observations :)
Narasimha Kade

Finding answers is simple, all you need to do is come up with the correct questions.
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

It disconnected me 3 times today. It is slow too.
Mamu Kim
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I believe that my current problem is (compounded by) the fact that all internet traffic goes through a government "net nanny" that blocks any traffic deemed unacceptable to the good citizens of Dubai. I suspect that that server is overloaded.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I just completed two games of FreeCell while waiting to return to the parallel forum after making a post. That's slow! One of my colleagues suggested that US sites may come in for special attention from the censor, but Hotmail just flies along (then again, that may be a mirror site).
But Dilbert and the NY Times web sites also fly along, so I am still perplexed. I shall leave this until in some other part of the world, and see whether it's Dubai-related or not.
It might be that my index of posts is getting unwieldy.[/url]
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Someone here suggested it may be the proximity of "S" and "X" in DSXchange that cause the nanny (Blue Coat) to intercept everything. "S" and "X" are in close proximity in a certain other three-letter word that causes net nanny software to glip.