RUN Command: Where do you code it ?

Formally known as "Mercator Inside Integrator 6.7", DataStage TX enables high-volume, complex transactions without the need for additional coding.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

jazzer1
Participant

RUN Command: Where do you code it ?

Post by jazzer1 »

I see from the documentation that you can use the RUN command to execute another map. It also says that you can code it in a component rule or map rule. My second map is ready to run. The inputs and outputs are already defined. All I need to do is code RUN("Map02",""). Where does this go? Thank you.
jgibby
Participant

Post by jgibby »

We make extensive use of the RUN command to chain our maps together here. You can put the RUN command in any formula to call another map. The second parameter allows you to override most of the input & output card settings of the map you are calling, making for a most dynamic environment that you can control. You can also receive data back from the map you called, but it will come back only as text, not in type tree object form of the output card(s). You need to specify the compiled map name and full path if it is in another directory (ie. \dir1\dir2\mapname.mmc).

John
"Artificial intelligience is no match for natural stupidity."
jazzer1
Participant

Post by jazzer1 »

The only formula I have is =LEAVEPRINT(Rec01). This is in the output rule
of my first extract. How do I code it and/or where ?
The syntax is RUN("Extract2",""). Do you conatentate it to the first formula ?
jazzer1
Participant

Post by jazzer1 »

I got it....I added a component to the output tree definition and put the
RUN statement in there. In the map, the output card looks like this:

Output Rule
-------------------------------------------
Extract(s) =(LEAVEPRINT(Record01)
RunJob =Run("Job2"."")