job accessed by other user

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vsi
Premium Member
Premium Member

job accessed by other user

Post by vsi »

hi,

I keep getting this error, job is being accessed by other user. Its actually used by me only.

is it as well related to unlocking job. Because it doesnt work.

suggest me something.

regards
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

You need to look up the deadlock daemon in either the documentation or this forum. With this daemon started your locked jobs will get automatically cleared every {n} minutes. This is far simpler that trying to understand the locking mechanism and to identify the correct locks.
roy
Participant

Post by roy »

Hi,
If Anrd's sugestion doesn't work,
I have seen cases of zombie client processes locking jobs and or categories which causes such error messages.

Try closing all cient connections and test if any uvsh process shows in the server side task manager to make shure no jobs are running.
Try sending a logout request via cleanup resources from the Director or the DS.TOOLS menu if they show any process/locks held.

If all fails you can stop and restart the services as a last course of action to cleanup locks that persist, but only as a last course of action and if all else fails and after verifying no job is running.

IHTH,
Roy R.
Time is money but when you don't have money time is all you can afford.

Search before posting:)

Join the DataStagers team effort at:
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org