Linux and PX, what's the scoop?

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kcbland
Participant

Linux and PX, what's the scoop?

Post by kcbland »

I was asked the question, but couldn't find anything posted anywhere regarding Linux and PX. Can anyone give me the scoop on Linux and PX? Any gotchas, like a C-compiler or a specific Linux edition?
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle
Teej
Participant

Re: Linux and PX, what's the scoop?

Post by Teej »

kcbland wrote:I was asked the question, but couldn't find anything posted anywhere regarding Linux and PX. Can anyone give me the scoop on Linux and PX? Any gotchas, like a C-compiler or a specific Linux edition?
Red Hat is the only one supported for PX. For Trinity onward, I believe PX is ported to Red Hat. I also believe 9.0 and Enterprise 3.0 are the only version supported. Trinity is 7.1, slated for 1st half of 2004.

There are tenative plans to upgrade it to 64 bits on Linux along with HP-UX, AIX, Windows on the Hawk release (2nd half of 2004).

That's all I have without poking folks at Ascential. This information was provided at AscentialWorld by Keith Kohl, but any errors would be my fault, as I was writing too much on what my company need, instead of all of the general information during that presentation.

-T.J.
Developer of DataStage Parallel Engine (Orchestrate).
Teej
Participant

Post by Teej »

Correction abound!

1. PX is supported for RedHat Advanced Server as of today. it can run on Red Hat 7.3, but it is not supported.

2. Red Hat 9.0 and Enterprise 3.0 is slated for DataStage 7.1 release. That may change now that Red Hat practically canned the "Red Hat" line in favor of the Enterprise line.

3. Long term plans are still murky. Stay tuned to AscentialChannel. :)

-T.J.

[Edit: Clarified the numbers]
Last edited by Teej on Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Developer of DataStage Parallel Engine (Orchestrate).
vdr123
Participant

Post by vdr123 »

I was going through the availablity matrix of ascential...they support redhat AS 2.1 for latest DS/QS...i was looking for something on linux OS...not sure if Redhat 9x is good for installing latest ascential products?