Connection problems with parallel and db2 7.2

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

MARKO970
Participant

Connection problems with parallel and db2 7.2

Post by MARKO970 »

I need help please!!! i'm working on a DS CLIENT with PARALLEL, on UNIXserver with DB2 7.2.I create a job as follow :
seqfile ---> transformer --> db2 stage.

the first time i run a job i retrive an error message like this : Requirements failure. the file db2nodes.cfg must exist and be readable by all users.

Then, the db2 admin have put this file in the sqllib directory MANUALLY... (0 SERVERNAME 0). Idon't know db2 partitionanament, but i think that is not the right way to do this...
now i have this problem:

DB2_2.DSLink4,0: DB2 Error: 'ERROR during execution of DB2-CLI requests'.
SQL_ERROR; SQLSTATE = 08004; NativeErrorCode = -1403
[IBM][CLI Driver] SQL1403N The username and/or password supplied is incorrect. SQLSTATE=08004

the user\pwd are exact(db2svil\db2svil) and i put them in the connection property of the db2 stage. i put in the database property the db name(ASCDB2SE) but i don't exactly know what have i put in the CLIENT INSTANCE NAME property... i try with db2svil(the username) but i obtain the same error.
if you know something please help me.

im sorry for my bad english...

P.S.
someone knows if parallel extender could works with db2 if db2 is not partitioned????
Peytot
Participant

Post by Peytot »

Have you try to load with Server ? Have you try to load with using PX but without partitionnig (under MAnager/Tools/Configuration) ?

I think that the first version of DB2 which support PX is DB2EEE.

Pey
MARKO970
Participant

Post by MARKO970 »

thanks for the answer.
whit par server is all ok. how can i try without partitioning?
under MAnager/Tools/Configuration i can choose between parallelextendconfig and default, i have to choose default to work without partitions???
in that file there is the node config of ds right???

p.s.
is it possible that my client connect ds server whit db2svil\db2svil and the ds server try to connect with db2 whit dsadm\dsadm?? in fact i obtain a new fatal error ,i ve changed user and pwd in db2 stage property connection whit dsadm\dsadm, i try to write some records in a table that i created under db2svil\db2svil and the response is :

DB2_2.DSLink4: DB2 Error: 'ERROR during execution of DB2-CLI requests'.
SQL_ERROR; SQLSTATE = 42S02; NativeErrorCode = -204
[IBM][CLI Driver][DB2/6000] SQL0204N "DSADM.CONTRATTIMARCO" is an undefined name. SQLSTATE=42704
Peytot
Participant

Post by Peytot »

Create a new config where you have only one node.
Like you can run with server, before finding your solution, develop with PX and Load with Server.

Pey
MARKO970
Participant

Post by MARKO970 »

node "node0"
{
fastname "ei0bzl34"
pools ""
resource disk "/usr/dsadm/Ascential/DataStage/Datasets" {pools ""}
resource scratchdisk "/usr/dsadm/Ascential/DataStage/Scratch" {pools ""}
}

i've create a new nodefile but where i have to select him in the db2 stage???
Peytot
Participant

Post by Peytot »

In your sequential File :
Stage/Configuration File, select your new config and verify in the field node map constraint that you have only one node.

After good luck, I hope for you that the plug in DB2 can run without partitionning.

Pey