Urgent - Problem during Installation of Datastage 3.6.3

Archive of postings to DataStageUsers@Oliver.com. This forum intended only as a reference and cannot be posted to.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

admin

Urgent - Problem during Installation of Datastage 3.6.3

Post by admin »

Hi All

I am installing Datastage on AIX 4.3.2 machine

Have followed following steps

1. On one unix machine i mounted the datastage server cd and created cd on hard disk using ./install.sh -cd /tmp/cd command
2. I made a tarfile of this /tmp/cd directory
3. ftp the tarfile to other unix machine in bin mode and untar the file there 4. started ./install from /tmp/cd

first error it give is (but there is a file existing in that directory with name startup. ( why one extra dot ) )

No such file or directory
./install.sh[8]: /ds/dwcd/AIX/DBengine/startup: cannot open

then it ask continue I press yes

later on it gives timeout error

.liscense_info file created
Installing DataStage Server Engine. ................................................................................
................................................................................
................................................................................
........................................................ .....................
ERROR: DataStage installation timeout in UniVerse install

I have already taken it up with DataStage Australia Support but there are not able to figure out the problem....pls advice

one more thing in the file universe_install_errors
there are two entries /etc/uv.rc --- not found
other is ............../uv.load cannot execute

thanks in advance

thanks and regards
Sudhir Mahendru
GTS/APHO-ITA/CA$H/IDMS-Datawarehouse
(65) 423-7449

--

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.