Weights

Infosphere's Quality Product

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

ray.wurlod
Participant

Weights

Post by ray.wurlod »

Can anybody accurately differentiate agreement/disagreement weights and match weights?
In INTEGRITY SuperMATCH output, once records are blocked, you see some form of composite weight beside EVERY record. Is this the match weight and, if so, why is there one beside the XA records? Surely an XA record is an exact match with itself?
timwalsh
Participant

Post by timwalsh »

Ray,

Are you using INTEGRITY 6.x or QualityStage?

Tim
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

INTEGRITY 6.x

The question came up in class, and I was struggling to get a neat differentiation.
timwalsh
Participant

Post by timwalsh »

Ray,

I've got what I believe should answer your question. I should note that I owe a special thanks to some Ascential SE's for this answer.

1. 'Weight' and 'Match Weight' are generally synonymous and mean the 'score' of that record compared to the 'master'. The weight for an exact match is different depending on the data present. For illustration purposes, assume that LastName is the only field in the match. The match report may look like the following:

Reference List:
WALSH
WURLORD
CALLIF

File For Matching:
WALSH
WALSH
WELSH
WURLORD
CALIF
ETC......

The output report might look like the following:
Type Weight LastName
XA 35.50 WALSH
DA 35.50 WALSH

XA 55.00 WURLORD
DA 55.00 WURLORD

XA 40.00 CALLIF
DA 27.53 CALIF

Note that WALSH and WURLORD are both exact matches, but receive different weights. This is because of the statistical significance of the data values due to the number of times WALSH shows up, as compared to the data.

I hope this helps. Once again, I must extend a special thanks to my SE friends at Ascential.

On a side note, who was your trainer? You don't have to add it to this site, but feel free to send me an email.

Cheers,

Tim
Editor

who WAS THAT trainer

Post by Editor »

Tell him Ray.... who was training that class in Aussieland!

:D

Editor
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Tim and I have had a productive off-list discussion, where I did tell him that I was presenting the class. A question was asked, I wanted a good answer, so I did the research. Part of that research was the question that opened this thread. Totally professional, as always. 8)