Add To Favorites
This topic has been marked "Resolved."
irvinew
Participant

Post Posted: Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:17 pm Reply with quote    Back to top    

DataStage® Release: 11x
Job Type: Parallel
Please move this post if I do not have the right directory

I have several people who just installed Datastage on their Windows machine and they cannot connect. I looked through the various posts and can't find the solution; is there a post config I am missing here?

Details:

I have it installed and I can connect.

The error mentions that it cannot reach the server; check if it is blocked, on port 9443.

I find I reproduce the error if I disengage setting TLS 1.0. All of the other machines not have this setting but have the other TLS items checked off.

I have telnet into the server with port 9443 and get a blank screen; indicating it is not blocked.

I have tried replacing the hosts file on another machine; and it doesn't help. My hosts file has the the infosphere name binded to the ip.

Premium Poster
Participant

Group memberships:
Premium Members, Inner Circle, Australia Usergroup, Server to Parallel Transition Group

Post Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:48 am Reply with quote    Back to top    

Can they get to a CMD shell and resolve the hostname(s) of the services tier and engine tier machines? Can they connect to the services tier machine (e.g. to populate the drop-down list of projec ...

Not yet rated
irvinew
Participant

Post Posted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:35 pm Reply with quote    Back to top    

ray.wurlod wrote:
Can they get to a CMD shell and resolve the hostname(s) of the services tier and engine tier machines?

Can they connect to the services tier machine (e.g. to populate the drop-down list of project ...

Thank you for the reply; turns out that I needed TLS 1.0 enabled on the client machine. Infosphere is on a older SLES server I guess. Hardest part was getting the network guys to allow the change since tls1.0 is not recommended anymore.

Add To Favorites
View next topic
View previous topic