InfoSphere DataStage Client logon fails

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

harikhk
Participant

InfoSphere DataStage Client logon fails

Post by harikhk »

Hi,

I am in a situation to not able to login to datastage designer or director client from windows. Gives an error "failed to authenticate the current user against the selected Services Tier". However I am able to login through web console and manager client. Also I am able to login to the datastage unix server with the same user name and password.

I am using datastage version 11.x and unix operating system. Please help how to get the issue resolved.
I did follow instructions mentioned in this weblink https://www.ibm.com/support/pages/infos ... rect-80011, but this was already in place
Thanks,
Hari
Thanks,
HK
*Go GREEN..Save Earth*
ray.wurlod
Participant

Re: InfoSphere DataStage Client logon fails

Post by ray.wurlod »

Did you specify the correct services tier hostname and (secure) port number? Connections must be made using HTTPS.

That you can login from browser-based clients eliminates "services not running" as the culprit.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.