Dynamic DB2 connection properties

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

wellison
Participant

Dynamic DB2 connection properties

Post by wellison »

Is it possible to pull data from a db table (schema name and table name) and then feed this info to populate the connection properties of a second DB2 stage? I have tried to find ways to also update the global variable with this info. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Every property in Connector stage types can be a job parameter reference.

Used in conjunction with runtime column propagation completely generic solutions can be created for moving data from one database to another.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
wellison
Participant

Post by wellison »

Thanks for your reply. However I'm not sure I gave enough information or I'm not understanding.

We have an initial db2 connector that is using the job properties to connect to a specific database with user and pass. Within that db2 connection stage we have sql query to pull database and table names from a stored table. These database names may not be the same database as is defined in the job properties. We want to send this information to a second db2 connector and populate the connection properties with the information pull from the query.

thank youl.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You have to be able to set the properties for the second database before this job starts, and pass them as job parameters. This may involve splitting your job design into two, with a controlling sequence job, if the identity of the second database connection is derived from the data being processed.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.