Add To Favorites
IASAQ

Group memberships:
Premium Members

Post Posted: Mon May 11, 2020 12:58 pm Reply with quote    Back to top    

DataStage® Release: 11x
Job Type: Parallel
Hi all,

A colleague of mine in the organization would like to read messages I sent to a Q with a JMSType header in the message. The payload I'm putting on the Q is a JSON string.

I know that I can find this information in the data element FormatHeaders if I read a message from a Q that contains a JMSType, where the info I get in FormatHeaders basically looks like this:

{R F H 20 00 00 00 02 00 00 00 f0 00 00 01 11 00 00 04 b8 M Q S T R 20 20 20 00 00 00 00 00 00 04 b8 00 00 00 8 < m c d > < M s d > j m s _ t e x t < / M s d > < T y p e > J M S T Y P E _ T E S T < / T y p e > < / m c d > 20 00 00 00 \ < j m s > < D s t > q u e u e : / / / D H . N _ A R V . M A J _ M A T R I C E . E D D . Q U E U E < / D s t > < T m s > 1 5 8 9 2 2 6 8 2 8 5 7 8 < / T m s > < D l v > 2 < / D l v > < / j m s > 20 20 00 00 00 , < u s r > < H E A D E R _ T E S T > A B C D < / H E A D E R _ T E S T > < / u s r > 20 20}

but I have no idea if it's possible for me to do the same when I send a message to a Q via the MQ Connector component. I've tried almost all the options in the MQ Connector stage, but to no avail.

This following thread kind of hinted at what I want to do, but it was never really properly answered:

http://www.dsxchange.com/viewtopic.php?t=152820&highlight=MQRFH2

Any hint appreciated, even if it's just to let me know it can't be done with MQ Connector.

Regards.
eostic

Premium Poster

Group memberships:
Premium Members

Post Posted: Mon May 18, 2020 3:48 pm Reply with quote    Back to top    

Been awhile' but the MQ Connector and the Stage before it had nice support for Data Elements.....and if set, would force interaction with the actual MQ Header. JMS Type doesnt ring a bell, but searc ...

blogit!
Open IGC is Here!
Rate this response:  
Not yet rated
IASAQ

Group memberships:
Premium Members

Post Posted: Tue May 19, 2020 1:25 pm Reply with quote    Back to top    

Thanks Ernie. Looks like you confirm in your own way that setting the JMSType header is not something that can be done with the current MQ Connector. I basically tried to set every options in the connector to a test value and none of them resulted in a JMSType header in the message I received in the test queue.

Regards.
Rate this response:  
Not yet rated
eostic

Premium Poster

Group memberships:
Premium Members

Post Posted: Tue May 19, 2020 3:37 pm Reply with quote    Back to top    

Well....that depends. That Connector was written with a whole lot of powerful features, assuming that they are all still supported. Have you been thru and experimented with all the formal DataStage ...

blogit!
Open IGC is Here!
Rate this response:  
Not yet rated

Add To Favorites
View next topic
View previous topic