Local MQ Manager vs Remote MQ Manager - guaranteed Delivery

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sivanandha
Premium Member
Premium Member

Local MQ Manager vs Remote MQ Manager - guaranteed Delivery

Post by sivanandha »

Datastage and Remote MQ does no guarantee message delivery. we could lose messages when the job fails/ server goes down. The message rollback works to some extent but that depends on MQ managers Sync Point.

So, IBM is selling us that installing a Local MQ Manager would solve this problem. I am looking for the Gurus here to share some insight on how that would guarantee message delivery during a failure.
Thanks!
Sivanandha
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

It has been a very loooooonnnnnggggg time since I have had a chance to work with the various MQ APIs, but as I recall (at that time), ensured delivery required that you were co-resident with the queue manager so that you could establish a a connection that supported the required level of commit. Was that requirement lifted? Did MQ change its API since then? I have no idea, so I would suggest that you check with other MQ resources. As I recall, it was an MQ issue, not a DataStage issue, as DataStage is simply a regular MQ API client.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>