Call the invocation of a DataStage job aligned with files

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

tbtcust
Premium Member
Premium Member

Call the invocation of a DataStage job aligned with files

Post by tbtcust »

Hello All.

I have a job that will read a set of files. The files follow the same naming convention. The only difference in the file name is the region node and timestamp node. These files arrive at different times, within sec - mins of each other and in no particular order.

I have requirement:
- The invocation of the DataStage job for the respite files should run when the file is being written to the landing zone.

I have a question:
- How can I call the invocation of the DataStage job aligned with the receptive file?

Thanks in advance for any help.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Option 1: all files are processed identically
Use the controlling sequence to determine which file is in the landing area and invoke the multi-instance job with appropriate invocation ID

Option 2: files are not all processed identically
Build logic into the sequence job to determine which hard-coded job name to invoke. The job name property in a Job activity must be hard coded; it cannot be an expression or a parameter.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.