DSXchange: DataStage and IBM Websphere Data Integration Forum
View next topic
View previous topic
Add To Favorites
Author Message
brendomac



Group memberships:
Premium Members

Joined: 29 Nov 2016
Posts: 7
Location: australia
Points: 74

Post Posted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:20 pm Reply with quote    Back to top    

DataStage® Release: 11x
Job Type: Server
OS: Windows
Hi,
I am running a standard match pass. I am using DOB as the block.
I then have two matches one on surname the other on given name.

I don't understand the results I am seeing. I have tried increasing the param1 value for uncert on surname which does not result in the change of the resulting weight (range from 700 through to 900 with no result change after running the pass)

Similar to Uncert above, I used CHAR on surname, in conjunction with the either name_uncert on given name or char on given name and I still see the same result.

But what I see is this (using made up name as an example):

Name:
Michael McMaster matches with Michael Mac Master
Michael McMaster matches with Michael Preston

The thing is, I get exactly the same weight for the two matches and I don't understand why. It seems to be the case when I play with mprob or the param values used in uncert.

(Note, I will get matches with a lower weight score that may only have one character difference and ones with completely different names with a higher weight and vice versa)

Thanks
Display posts from previous:       

Add To Favorites
View next topic
View previous topic
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum



Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Theme & Graphics by Daz :: Portal by Smartor
All times are GMT - 6 Hours