Access to ADABAS from DataStage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

DOS
Participant

Post by DOS »

Hi all.
I have to access an ADABAS Database (in UNIX) from DataStage ... Is there a specific stage to do that? Is there an ODBC or JDBC driver that allows a Stage to access ADABAS directly, without having to copy them to a flat file and transfer them? Is there a specific driver for what I propose?
Thanks in advance.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

A bit old but this makes it seem ODBC is an option, since you have it UNIX rather than a mainframe. And I would imagine their product page would list the various options available to access that database.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Via a private message:
DOS wrote:Thanks chulett. I had already seen this old post, I wanted to know if there would be any other option besides the "NatQuery". Thanks again.
First off, please reply here rather than privately so other folks can know what's going on and help. Secondly, since you didn't mention any of that I went off searching and posted what I found.

As to the rest of my reply, IMHO your two best options for targeted help are (as noted) the maker of the product itself and IBM support as there may not be many ADABAS users here to wander by and see your post. If you scroll down on the ADABASproduct page you'll see a "EASILY CONNECT TO ANALYTICS PLATFORMS" section which lists various ways to access it. I also see if you scroll ALL the way down that they have a forum where you could ask this same question with possibly speedier results.

Good luck.
-craig

DOS
Participant

Post by DOS »

Thanks again for the help, and apologize for my misunderstanding.
Regards.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

No worries. Please come back and post whatever resolution you find!
-craig