Partition despite the preserve-partitioning flag on the data

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

srinivasambidi
Participant

Partition despite the preserve-partitioning flag on the data

Post by srinivasambidi »

Hi,

I am facing an issue with respect to the SCD Type 2 job, the job gives the below warning when I tried to run the job keeping the Hash partition for the input links(2) in SCD stage.
Warning:
scd_Dim: When checking operator: Operator of type "APT_TransformOperatorImplV78S0_J_TGT_scd_Dim": will partition despite the preserve-partitioning flag on the data set on input port 0.
Suggest, how could this warning be fixed.

Thanks,
Sri
Last edited by srinivasambidi on Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

A couple of things.

1) It's a warning (informational, really) so not necessarily something that needs to be 'fixed'.

2) You're not the first person to ask about this. First suggestion would be to do an Exact search here for a generic but unique enough portion of the error ("will partition despite" here is enough) and check through the results. There were 66 other posts that my search brought up this morning. Wagering that what you need to know is in there. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers