Field Function

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

neeraj
Participant

Field Function

Post by neeraj »

Hello,

I have a command activity stage to get the job statistics as below

DSHOME=`cat /.dshome`;. $DSHOME/dsenv;
SRC_CNT=$($DSHOME/bin/dsjob -linkinfo DS_SANDBOX jb_SRC_TGT_Job_Extract ODBC_WELLHEADER_WELLBORE lnk_ODBC_Stage1 | awk 'NR>1{exit};1{print $5}');
TGT_CNT=$($DSHOME/bin/dsjob -linkinfo DS_SANDBOX jb_SRC_TGT_Job_Extract XFM_Split_I_D_U lnk_XFM_Split_I_D_U | awk 'NR>1{exit};1{print $5}');
REJ_CNT=$($DSHOME/bin/dsjob -linkinfo DS_SANDBOX jb_SRC_TGT_Job_Extract XFM_Split_I_D_U lnk_XFM_Reject | awk 'NR>1{exit};1{print $5}');
REJ_CNT_DUP=$($DSHOME/bin/dsjob -linkinfo DS_SANDBOX jb_SRC_TGT_Job_Extract XFM_Split_I_D_U lnk_XFM_Reject_Dup | awk 'NR>1{exit};1{print $5}');
JOB_STATUS=$($DSHOME/bin/dsjob -jobinfo DS_SANDBOX jb_SRC_TGT_Job_Extract | egrep 'Job Status');
JOB_START_TIME=$($DSHOME/bin/dsjob -report DS_SANDBOX jb_SRC_TGT_Job_Extract | egrep 'Job start time');
JOB_END_TIME=$($DSHOME/bin/dsjob -report DS_SANDBOX jb_SRC_TGT_Job_Extract | egrep 'Job end time');
JOB_ELAPSED_TIME=$($DSHOME/bin/dsjob -report DS_SANDBOX jb_SRC_TGT_Job_Extract | egrep 'Job elapsed time');
echo $SRC_CNT,$TGT_CNT,$REJ_CNT,$REJ_CNT_DUP,$JOB_STATUS,$JOB_START_TIME,$JOB_END_TIME,$JOB_ELAPSED_TIME;

The output of this command is

Reply=0
Output from command ====>

Status code = 0

Status code = 0

Status code = 0

Status code = 0

Status code = 0
63171,49125,12263,1786,Job Status : RUN with WARNINGS (2), Job start time=2019-06-14 07:10:50, Job end time=2019-06-14 07:11:34, Job elapsed time=00:00:44

In the Next User Variable activity stage, I am reading the line 9 which is last line from tje previous stage
SRC_CNT= Field(Ereplace(Field(EC_calculate_counts.$CommandOutput,@FM,9),@FM,''),',',1)
Job_Start_Time=Field(Field(Ereplace(Field(EC_calculate_counts.$CommandOutput,@FM,9),@FM,''),',',6),'=',2)

I want to make below mentioned commands generic to always read the last line instead of Harding coding( hardcoded as 9 in the example below) the line number
SRC_CNT= Field(Ereplace(Field(EC_calculate_counts.$CommandOutput,@FM,9),@FM,''),',',1)
Job_Start_Time=Field(Field(Ereplace(Field(EC_calculate_counts.$CommandOutput,@FM,9),@FM,''),',',6),'=',2)

Please help me on this

Regards
Neeraj
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Hmmm... I'd wager DCount would help here.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I wouldn't use Field() function here. Assuming this is the only instance of "Job start" in the whole output, I would use an Index function to work out where it is, and substringing to return the remainder of the last line by providing an arbitrarily large second argument.

Code: Select all

myCommand.$CommandOutput[Index(myCommand.$CommandOutput, "Job start", 1), 999]
You may need a little more processing to remove the final line terminator. For example

Code: Select all

myCommand.$CommandOutput[Index(myCommand.$CommandOutput, "Job start", 1), 999]<1>
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.