Sending an Excel Sheet to Amazon S3

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ScottDun
Participant

Sending an Excel Sheet to Amazon S3

Post by ScottDun »

Hi,

I have an excel sheet (2 tabs, different column names) that I want to simply push to an Amazon S3 bucket.

Basically, unstructured data stage --> Amazon S3

My problem, potentially overseeing what I need, is that I want both tabs to be output and I cannot figure how to bring them in.

Quickly on Excel:
Tab 1: A-D, 1-8 (4 column names)
Tab 2: A-F, 1-4800 (6 column names, 4800 can be increased however so not static)

In the config, I am lost on how to import both tabs. I import tab 1, rename the columns, then go to import tab 2 and it simply overwrites the columns. Any help would be great!

Thanks!
SCOTTDun
mouthou
Participant

Re: Sending an Excel Sheet to Amazon S3

Post by mouthou »

Just a rhetorical thought for a worst case scenario considering the columns of one tab is overwritten by other tab.

Is there a way to separate those 2 tabs and process them separately and then send them to S3?
ScottDun
Participant

Re: Sending an Excel Sheet to Amazon S3

Post by ScottDun »

Requirements from customer are to have the two tabs in same excel sheet. I tried a job doing a funnel but it won't work on the exporting columns
SCOTTDun
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

In case you'd not seen it yet and on the off chance it helps, here is the documentation for writing out Excel spreadsheets.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ScottDun
Participant

Post by ScottDun »

I saw that, however, I didn't see where it says importing with multiple tabs. The documentation that I saw doesn't show, as well. The filepath is Link_Excel_EXTR, I go to the Link dropdown and it only shows that link, not multiple links [the documentation says Department and Employees somehow]. Whenever I LOAD the data, from Read Options, the import pane does show two dropdowns for the template data range but will not allow both to import due to the "Microsoft Excel Column" being similar, I am assuming.
SCOTTDun
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Okay. I included the link after I saw this statement there:

Each input link of the Unstructured Data stage is associated with a separate Microsoft Excel sheet

Sheets = tabs.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers