Modified parameter value wont refresh in DataStage client

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

lkevin1210
Participant

Modified parameter value wont refresh in DataStage client

Post by lkevin1210 »

I am encountering an issue when updating/adding parameter value to a parameter set.

Here is my scenario:
I have a parameter set called test_set, it has 2 parameters: param1 & param2, and I have a parameter set file called file1 storing the parameter values.
Now I open and edit test_set in datastage client, change one of the parameter in file1, says modify param1 from "old value" to "test value". Then click ok to close the edit box.
Then I reopen test_set (intend to check if the value is modified), it still shows "old value"...
And of course, if I run the jobs that use test_set, it will still be using "old value".
But when I close the datastage designer and launch it again, open test_set, then I can see param1 is modified and jobs will use "test value".

Any idea? I have never encountered similar problems before.
P.S.: I am using Datastage 11.7 workgroup edition, installed on Linux redhat7.

Thanks in advance!!
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

No experience with this but after searching, found this part of the DataStage tutorial on defining parameter sets. Seems like you may need to recompile the job to see the changes during the current session?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
PaulVL
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PaulVL »

I have not personally seen that either, but then again, I'm not a developer.

Try doing a repository refresh, then look at the value.
jneasy
Participant

Post by jneasy »

Hi lkevin1210,

I have experienced a similar (if not the same) issue. Making a change to a parameter set structure such as changing default values and adding or removing parameters do not reflect in the job until the designer is closed and relaunched.

This happened a few months ago and from memory I did try the obvious activities such as, repository refresh and force recompile. When this issue was encountered I knew that the Client and Server version were out of sync, client 11.7 server 11.7 with FP1 applied so I just put it down to that.

Site here is 11.7 FP1 running on windows.

Cheers.