Drill Down User Role

This forum contains ProfileStage posts and now focuses at newer versions Infosphere Information Analyzer.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

truenorth
Participant

Drill Down User Role

Post by truenorth »

Hi, all.

We have been doing tests on the Drill Down Role, but it does not seem to matter whether it is on or off: the user is always able to drill down. For instance, in column analysis, when we look at Frequency Distribution, Viewing Details on a column displays the entire record.

What does turning on or turning off Drill Down User mean?
Todd Ramirez
Sr Consultant, Data Quality
San Antonio TX
stuartjvnorton
Participant

Post by stuartjvnorton »

Dumb question I'm sure, but you selected "Enable drill down security" in the Details tab of the Project Properties?

Drill Down Role is project-specific and IIRC the role is ignored (ie granted by default) if you don't have that property set.
truenorth
Participant

Post by truenorth »

Thanks, Stuart.

From our tests, granting/not granting the Drill Down User role and turning Enable Drill Down Security box on or off do not seem to make a difference. The user is always able to drill down. So we're at a loss as to what these settings do.
Todd Ramirez
San Antonio TX
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Can you try this test with a user that does not have IA Data Administrator role?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
truenorth
Participant

Post by truenorth »

Yes, thanks, I'll update when we've done the test.
Todd Ramirez
San Antonio TX