MQueue connector keep or delete

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

UCDI
Premium Member
Premium Member

MQueue connector keep or delete

Post by UCDI »

I have a MQ job that I want to control whether it keeps or deletes the messages on the queue via a parameter. I have clicked in the parameter and selected create new, and it happily populated the field with the parameter and put the new param in the job params with a default and all seems good... except the job will not compile. It just says "property name is required" . If I set it to keep or delete there it runs fine.

I can copy the job and have 2 versions if nothing else but does anyone know what I am missing in the above process to make it accept a list/parameter?

thanks!!
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Assuming you're using an MQ Connector try using the multi-colored icon in the third (?) column to add the job parameter. The icon only appears when that row in the grid is selected.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
UCDI
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by UCDI »

I think I did that. Inside the MQ connector, there is a button-column with 3 red arrows on the button. I used that and picked 'create new' which build a pre-generated list-parameter and added it to the job parameters. I set the default to 'keep' and its all there, but it will not compile.
UCDI
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by UCDI »

I gave up and made 2 connectors for now, with some smoke and mirrors on the deletion side to determine if it is enabled or not. But I would still love to understand if this is a bug or something I don't fully know how to use.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Did you ping IBM Support for this?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
UCDI
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by UCDI »

Not yet. I wanted to make sure its not just me not knowing where to click.
sigh. Their support ... leaves a lot to be desired. Just getting them to admit there is a problem to bother with fixing is a good month of frustration.