Failure during execution of operator logic

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rakesh.puli
Premium Member
Premium Member

Failure during execution of operator logic

Post by rakesh.puli »

Hi All,

Job design is -(sequential file to transformer to sequential file)

I am getting the below errors while running a job. I am not sure why this errors are coming one after the other consecutively.

Failure during execution of operator logic.

node_node1: Player 2 terminated unexpectedly.

main_program: APT_PMsectionLeader(2, node1), player 2 - Unexpected exit status 1.

Failure during execution of operator logic.

Please let me know if anyone have faced the same kind of issue earlier and resolved it

Thanks
Rakesh
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Found an IBM KB article that states:

This message is typically accompanied by other messages that describe the cause of the failure, which can either precede or follow this message. See the responses for those messages.

Are there other messages you can include in your post? Here is an example of a post with a similar problem with those messages included.
Last edited by chulett on Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Note that your error has come from a Section Leader process from player 2 exiting unexpectedly.
Review the job score to learn which process player 2 is.
That will direct your diagnostic efforts more accurately.

As Craig noted, please post any adjacent error/warning messages, that will allow a more cogent response to be offered.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.