Job will not run on Windows Schedule

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kelleram
Premium Member
Premium Member

Job will not run on Windows Schedule

Post by kelleram »

I've created a sequence job that will not run on schedule, I can manually run it but the schedule will simply not run. I've tried MULTIPLE things, and am quite frankly frustrated that this is so complicated when it shouldn't be. I've scheduled it in the Director Client, and also set the user in the Administration client for the user. The following was set on the server per another post in the forum: The setting in question is:

Local Security Policy -> Security Options -> User Account Control: Run all administrators in Admin Approval Mode

The ID used to run the job is the isadmin ID which is mapped to the dsadm OS ID which is in the administrators group on the server.

I've tried setting a user in the Administration client for the project and it hangs and hangs on the 'Test User' option.

What else should I be trying?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I'd be curious if you are scheduling a "one off" run or a repeating run or if that makes any difference in your issue. Something that just runs once at a specific date/time and something that runs at the same time over multiple days typically use different schedulers or scheduling mechanisms. Not sure that's the case for Windows, however, so curious if that makes any difference.

Also, isn't there something about that "Admin Approval Mode" being on that could require it to prompt for confirmation of the elevation? I wonder if it's trying to do that and can't, hence the hang. :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
kelleram
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kelleram »

Admin Approval Mode is disabled, thank you for suggesting it. The schedule is set to repeat daily at the same time. Every M&T&W&Th&F&S&S.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Okay. As an experiment, what happens if you schedule it to run once at a specific time - does that work?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers