ISD / Rest - Authentication for web service

Dedicated to DataStage and DataStage TX editions featuring IBM<sup>®</sup> Service-Oriented Architectures.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

spdsquared2
Participant

ISD / Rest - Authentication for web service

Post by spdsquared2 »

I've been searching but so far haven't found anything, I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

I'd like to have specific id/pw's for particular web services I'm deploying on a server, but I can't figure out if that's possible. It appears that authentication can't be defined for a particular the web service... an authenticated id can run any svc. Am I missing something?

fyi: I'm using InfoSphere 11.5, my isd datastage job is using rest 2.0 binding

thx! Sean
Thanks! Sean
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

I ran into the same issue on version 8.x in 2011 and to my knowledge, the authentication and the "ISD consumer" security role behavior has remained unchanged.

See this topic.

My not-so-ideal workaround was to also embed a couple of additional input columns in my job design, which I called subscriber ID and key, with the ID being unique for a given consumer and key being much like a password. Then in the job design, first things to do is validate the subscriber details and proceed or else blank out the other input column values and return an error.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
spdsquared2
Participant

Post by spdsquared2 »

Thanks for the reply, suggestion and link, I really appreciate the feedback!

Like you, I wish it worked differently, hope it changes in a future release.
Thanks! Sean