Datastage -- Produces More Rows after each run

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

irvinew
Participant

Datastage -- Produces More Rows after each run

Post by irvinew »

My job is working though it has a peculiar property.

It seems to produce more rows with each execution.

I doesn't produce too many rows; but with each turn it can read more rows until it can consume the whole file.

I have hierarchical stage that reads xml, in that stage it produces at the beginning about 150 rows. After some executions it can produce 213 rows. I think there should be about 270.

Is this a memory issue? it has to be a config issue somewhere. I tried increasing the java heap size but it doesn't seem to have any effect.

Sorry for the bizarre question; I haven't found the answer yet. The xml file is about 250K
Will
UCDI
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by UCDI »

we have an outstanding ticket with IBM about the H-stage dropping a record here and there at random. We can run the same data 3 times and get {one record missed, all the data, different record missed} as the result.

Whether you are seeing something similar or not, I can't say from your problem statement. Why do you think 270 is true and 213 is not? You need to run some simple tests with a few records (arguably 300 or so is few) but you need to know exactly what you expect in the output and compare that to what you got.
irvinew
Participant

Post by irvinew »

For the one case; there is exactly 11 students in the xml file; resulting in 257 rows in total. It seems I have to work my way up from some random number like 60 then it will go to 85 then 114 and so on until it finally reaches the total.

I will continue to debug; thanks for the heads up
Will