Parameter Sets and Value files for each item in set

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

jackson.eyton
Premium Member
Premium Member

Parameter Sets and Value files for each item in set

Post by jackson.eyton »

Hi everyone,
I was wondering if there is a way to use Parameter value files to essentially mimic a dropdown selection for each parameter in a set? Basically I have a list of parameters that I am using as flags. Default value is NO, but I'd like to have a dropdown on each parameter in the set when running the job to select YES as an option. I can get the value file to work, however it applies to the entire set, so each parameter in the set has its value updated from the file selected for the set. :-(
-Me
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Basically no, unless you have sufficient values files (2**N) to cover all possible combinations of Yes/No across the N parameters.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
jackson.eyton
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by jackson.eyton »

I suppose the only real way, and ugly way, would be to create a separate parameter set for each parameter. Which would be an abuse of the intended purpose of a parameter set....
-Me