Generating XML files Dynamic XSDs

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

koteec
Participant

Generating XML files Dynamic XSDs

Post by koteec »

Hi,

I have a requirement where in I need develop a DS PX Job which will generate the XML files based on different XSD, this XSD should be dynamic, which means that, the should not be any changes to the job when the XSD structure changes. is this possible? have anyone faced this kind of scenario? please advice.
Koti
ETL Architect
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

Not really possible, because an xsd could mean structure change, different groupings, different hierarchy, multiple leafs, etc. It's not like a "schema" change in a relational environment. ....and the Stages take that into account and their metadata isnt dynamic on the links or in the assembly of the Hierarchical Stage.

"if" the xml is always fairly simple, you "might" be able to do something with the old xml stages, the xml Transformer in particular, which uses raw xslt at its core, but that will prove to be very difficult.

Describe how flexible it has to be, and how complex the xml is, and maybe there are some alternate solutions.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I was just going to go with "no". :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

yeah.. a lot of it depends though, on "how dynamic"? For example, if it can be one of (say) 8 xsds...then just have 8 instances of the xmlOutput Stage or the Hierarchical Stage (actually, you could probably do it in one big hierarchical stage instance, but I would prefer multiples, just for maintainability)...... but in that case, the dynamic is among "n" "known" xsd's.....already imported, vetted, and understood, parsed and loaded into memory. ...then branch accordingly when you know which one you need.

If it is entirely dynamic, then it doesn't make much sense ...there are vastly too many variables.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Who gave you this requirement? Get them to justify it.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.