DataStage Job Deployment Datetime from XMETA Database

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

pksahu
Participant

DataStage Job Deployment Datetime from XMETA Database

Post by pksahu »

Hi Friends,
I am trying to find out the Job deployment Date timestamp(when any job deployed to an environment) from XMETA database.

Is there any tables/views which stores the DataStage Job/Sequences deployment time in that environment. This we are trying to find out for Audit purpose.

Any help to find out the when the jobs are deployed in to an environment appreciated.

Thanks

Regards
Prasanta
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Hmmm... isn't that listed as part of the Build History?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
PaulVL
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PaulVL »

I created a datastage job that I run as my admin user id.

I connect to xmeta and run the following extract.

SELECT DSNAMESPACE_XMETA, NAME_XMETA, XMETA_MODIFIED_BY_USER_XMETA, (TIMESTAMP('01/01/1970', '00:00:00') + (XMETA_MODIFICATION_TIMESTAMP_XMETA / 1000) SECONDS) - 8 HOURS AS XMETA_MODIFICATION_TIMESTAMP_XMETA FROM DATASTAGEX_DSJOBDEF ORDER BY DSNAMESPACE_XMETA

(- 8 hours because I am CST)

"I believe" the MODIFIED timestamp would be the time in which the code was LOADED into that project.
pksahu
Participant

Post by pksahu »

Thanks PaulVL.
I could not find the table -DATASTAGEX_DSJOBDEF
However I found the table XMETA.DATASTAGEX_XMETAGEN_DSJOBDEFC2E76D84 where it stores the Job Created and Modified timestamp when the Job created and modified last time.
The problem here, suppose a Job modified last time 1 month before in development area and its in testing/UAT area before going to production. So when we are deploying in Production, it is showing one month before timestamp(i.e when it was last modified) not the time of deployment in production environment.

We are using the Urban code for deployment but this is to track any changes applied by Production support team when there are any issues/failure in middle of night and cant be wait till next day. This is to keep a track if any deployment does in back end which avoiding normal release cycle.

Any highlight to this solution appreciated.

Regards
Prasanta
pksahu
Participant

Post by pksahu »

Thanks Craig. yes it normally follows job annotation and job modification history. But by the time it goes to production, it is few days/month after job modification time. So we are missing something to track the job which deployed into production as part of deployment (we are getting list which goes as part of process but missing which goes as part of Immediate production fix due to BAU issues).

Regards
Prasanta