Asset metadata search failed

This forum contains ProfileStage posts and now focuses at newer versions Infosphere Information Analyzer.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

LONG_ME
Participant

Asset metadata search failed

Post by LONG_ME »

Hi,

My Operating system is Linux 7.5 redhat.

Datastage version 11.5 rollup 5 Governance

I got this error messages when i'm connect in IA interface.

Please see in below the error message:

"Asset metadata search failed! nested exception is: com.ibm.solr search exception Exception.

Please thanks to check if zookeeper and solr are started.

somebody else can help me.

Best regards,

LongME
LongME
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Can you please check whether the indicated services are started? You may also need to check the Kubernetes pods in which they are encapsulated.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
LONG_ME
Participant

Post by LONG_ME »

Ok thanks for help but i haven't got the kubernetes installed.

We don't understand normally with information analyzer, we don't need zookeeper and solr. How to desactivate the 2 tools ? For me it's for big data using.

If you have an other idea, i am ok.

Best regards,
Last edited by LONG_ME on Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
LongME
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

I learned that the recent versions of Information Analyzer require and rely on several open source components. If you uninstall them or deactivate them or do not enable and configure them properly, then the newer versions of IA will not function.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

Indeed...they are used extensively for many functions and operations, especially now with the IA thin client. I am not an expert on IA, but I suspect that the issue you are having may be due to some latency in the index. This might not be the exact issues, but the re-indexing process may offer you some clues and get your researching moving forward... ....here is a link in one of the doc pages...

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgece ... _daui.html
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>