IA audit trail

This forum contains ProfileStage posts and now focuses at newer versions Infosphere Information Analyzer.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

truenorth
Participant

IA audit trail

Post by truenorth »

Our organization finds the audit trail in IA quite limited. Are there external utilities or scripts that can provide more info? For example, all logins, runs, in all projects (i.e., one report for all of IA, not just individual projects), what was changed in a rule update, etc?
Todd Ramirez
Sr Consultant, Data Quality
San Antonio TX
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Probably the easiest way to accomplish this is to set up a new logging view using the web console for Information Server.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
truenorth
Participant

Post by truenorth »

Thanks, Ray. I'll explore that avenue.
Todd Ramirez
San Antonio TX
truenorth
Participant

Post by truenorth »

I have inquired with people in the know - our IT infrastructure folks and Infosphere admins - and they say that not much else can be retrieved outside of the IA interface - neither in the web console nor anywhere else. And because the tool is being deprecated, IBM has no plans in enhancing the existing audit function.
Todd Ramirez
San Antonio TX
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Which tool do they claim is being deprecated, and what evidence do they have for saying so?

It's certainly true that the thick client (console) will be deprecated in future and that a thin, browser-based client for IA is already available, but the underlying functionality will not change.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
truenorth
Participant

Post by truenorth »

The IA thick client, Ray. We are told there will be no more enhancements or new features in it and that focus will be fully on 11.7.
Todd Ramirez
San Antonio TX