Unable to login to datastage client

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

v_bhaskar
Participant

Unable to login to datastage client

Post by v_bhaskar »

Hi ,
we have installed datastage 11x in cloud and windows OS. we are able login to datastage in server machine with the help of client tools. where as when we try login the another machine through think clients we are unable to login. but we are able to login with thin client like IGC

we are getting error 81015 issue for thick clients when try to login from the client machines

the port 9443 is open

Could you help me out on this ..

Thanks
Vij
vijay
INDIA
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Have you checked (with netstat command) that port 9443 is LISTENING ?

Error codes in the 81xxx range are thrown by the DataStage RPC mechanism. What other text was generated in the error message?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
v_bhaskar
Participant

Post by v_bhaskar »

HI,

Thanks for replying.

yes I have tried with NETSTAT for this port 9443 which shows ESTABLISHED.

I am getting message failed to connect information Server Engine: <<server_name>> project : <<Project_name>>

(The connection has timer out (81015))

Regards,
Vij
vijay
INDIA
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Can you check that the Engine Credentials are correct? These are to be found in the Web Console for (administering) Information Server.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
v_bhaskar
Participant

Post by v_bhaskar »

HI Ray,

I have checked engine credentials in my server box and able to login in to web console.

even I am able do launchpad in client machine. I am having issue only with datastage client tool

Thank you
vijay
INDIA
skathaitrooney
Participant

Post by skathaitrooney »

You could also check if port 31538 (for RPCd) is open
v_bhaskar
Participant

Post by v_bhaskar »

Hi Ray,

The mentioned port which is not showing in my netstat do open the port

Thanks
vijay
INDIA
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

If the dsrpcd port (31538) is not present in netstat, then the DataStage RPC service may not be running. Check for this in Services.

You may have to do some troubleshooting to determine why it's not running. It should auto-start when the engine starts.